The aim would be to understand any concerns that people may have and then to address these concerns through the most appropriate channels. Part of the challenge will be to provide information that is clear but concise.
iCAIRD is currently establishing a patient/public advisory working group & curriculum of events for public engagement opportunities.
In the meantime please see the links below for further information relevant to the handling of NHS Data and health records.
- SG eHealth Standards applicable to NHS
- NHSScotland Code of Practice on Protecting Patient Confidentiality
- NHSScotland Mobile Data Protection Standard- NHS CEL 25 (2012)
- Scottish Government Records Management: NHS Code of Practice (Scotland) January 2012
- NHSScotland Safeguarding the Confidentiality of Personal Data Processed by Third Party Agreements- NHS CEL (2011) 25
- NHSScotland Caldicott Guardians: Principles into Practice February 2011